The Local Records Branch provides records management assistance to more than 2,900 local government agencies within the Commonwealth. These services are provided by four regional administrators strategically located:
Local records grant application information may be obtained by contacting Nicole Bryan, Local Records Branch Manager at (502) 564-1745 or by visiting the
Local Records Program Grants page.
For direct service assistance and grant application information please contact the regional administrator for your area.
Local Records Branch is dedicated to providing free hands-on, in-office service to all local agencies.
(Click on the image below to get a full size PDF version)
- Assist with the use of the appropriate Records Retention Schedule and the destruction of obsolete records.
- Provide records management education training through the presentation of workshops
- Provide guidance for the creation of local government records management programs
- Provide records management consultative services, including new technologies
- Provide assistance in planning local records grant projects and in monitoring progress
- Prepare records for microfilming
- Provide 24 hour service for records disaster recovery assistance
Records Management Trainings
Local Records Program Grant
- Security microfilming
- Records management equipment
- Conservation and preservation of archival records
- Establishing local archives
- Ordinance codification
- Salary support for scanning and indexing or to establish a records management program
If you have a question about KDLA's Local Records services, call (502) 564-1745 or contact Nicole Bryan by email: