Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives

Open Records Request

​​​​Most records held by the Archives are available without the need for filing an Open Records Request. Click here to submit a request for historical, legal, and/or genealogical research from the State Archives.​

If the documents you need require the filing of an Open Records Request, please email​.

Or you may mail your open records request to:

​Kentu​​cky Department for Libraries and Archives
PO Box 537
Frankfort, KY 40602

You may use this form​ for your open records request.

You may read KDLA’s Open Records and Records Retention policies and procedures here​.​​