Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives

Open Records Request


​​​Most records held by the Archives are available without the need for filing an Open Records Request. Click here​ to submit a request for historical, legal, and/or genealogical research from the State Archives.

If the documents you need require the filing of an Open Records Request, please email

Or you may mail your open records request to:

​Kentu​​cky Department for Libraries and Archives
PO Box 537
Frankfort, KY 40602

You may use this form for your open records request.

You may read KDLA’s Open Records and Records Retention policies and procedures here​.​