2019 Summer Library Program/Summer Reading Program Deadline: Friday, August 31, 2019
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives (KDLA) asks all Kentucky Public Libraries to report on their Summer Library Programs (SLPs) or Summer Reading Programs (SRPs).
Your participation in the 2019 Kentucky SLP/SRP Evaluation will help KDLA, supporting state partners, and the
Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) to provide the most useful resources and support in the future.
Your survey responses also help KDLA tell the important story of how summer programs and activities at public libraries positively influence children, teens, families, adults, and communities; these stories directly influence the resources and support the agency receives from both state and federal government.
The survey will be open through the end of August. A link will be posted to the KDLA Director’s listserv, KYAC listserv, and will appear on KDLA’s summer library support
website. Please help achieve a 100% response rate!
We know your time is limited and valuable. As a thank you for participating in this voluntary survey, KDLA will provide your library with one copy (per library branch) of the upcoming
2020 CSLP Summer Reading Program Manual. Manuals are expected to be published in September and will be distributed at the KDLA Youth Services Retreat, November 18-19 in Bowling Green.
A PDF preview of the survey is available. The survey consists of 20 questions and should take as little as 20 minutes if you have your data and information ready. Helpful instructions are also available to assist you in completing the survey.
Notes on completing the survey:
- Only one person from your library system should complete the survey.
- If you represent a library system, please include the numbers/results from all your branches or locations in one survey.
- Registration and completion numbers are no longer required, because an increasing number of libraries no longer use traditional registration or completion methods.
- When you are reporting numerical data, please enter numbers into the response boxes, not words or a range of numbers. E.g., “2” not “two” and “0” not “none” or “zero”’; “95” not “75-100”.
- Please have all data with you before beginning to fill out the survey, as the program requires survey completion in one sitting. Once you begin the survey, you will not be able to save your responses and return to them later.
- Most, but not all, questions require a response. Please do your best to provide feedback, even if it is a critique of how KDLA can better capture data or provide support. Ultimately, if a question does not apply to you, please respond with “N/A”.
Please complete this evaluation at the end of your library’s SLP/SRP and no later than August 31. If you would like assistance in advance of completing the survey, please contact Youth Services Consultant, Amy Olson to schedule a one-on-one appointment Amy.Olson@ky.gov.