Public libraries interested in sponsoring book discussion groups for all ages will find a variety of literary styles and genres in the book discussion kits offered by the KDLA. These kits can encourage community members to have thoughtful discussions which may motivate, inspire and just make for great conversations.
- Each kit is packaged in a sturdy container and includes up to 15 copies of the book, an audiobook if available, and a discussion guide.
- These kits may be checked out for nine weeks and may be renewed for an additional two weeks upon availability.
- Kits will be delivered by the KYVL courier service.
- All kits are listed in the KDLA Catalog. Reservations can be made by using the KDLA Kit Request Form or by contacting KDLA's Reference Desk at 502.564.8306 or 800.928.7000.
- Please include alternate titles and/or dates in case the specific kit requested is unavailable.
- Book discussion kits can be reserved up to a year in advance.
Kit Request Form
Regular Print Book Discussion Kits
Large Print Book Discussion Kits
Digital Book Discussion Kits
The Kentucky Department of Libraries and Archives has partnered with the Boone County Public Library to offer our customers access to digital book discussion kits. The Boone County Public Library has created digital book discussion kits that may be downloaded to a computer and transferred to popular digital reading devices. Contained in each digital book kit you will find an ebook in several file formats that can be used on a variety of ebook readers, smartphones, tablets and computers. There is also a file for book group leaders, containing information about the book and discussion questions. The digital book discussion kit titles have supplemental material which may include audiobooks, movies or other media related to the book. Instructions for accessing and using each kit on your e-reader and using the kit contents with your book discussion group are located in the "Read Me" file of each kit.
For a list of available kit titles search the
Boone County Public Library catalog with the keywords “digital book kits”.
The material provided in the digital book discussion kits is part of the public domain, and can be copied multiple times to any compatible device. Format and design of the book kit, as well as any original material created for the book kit, is property of Boone and Campbell County Public Libraries, who grant permission for non-profit, educational use.