- Furniture vendors can bring a lot of library layout experience to the design process.
- They may also have prices available on state or federal price contracts.
- Because price contract items have already been bid in order to be included on the price contract, bidding by the library is not needed.
- A library can simply order what they need as the construction budget will allow.
- It is best to start the furniture planning process when the schematic design has been completed and an initial floor plan has been accepted.
- Library furniture vendors carry higher quality furnishings that are designed specifically for libraries. Additionally, these furnishings meet the ALA furniture standard, which is a higher standard of quality than the normal business standard.
return to Facilities and Construction