Kentucky State Publications
A state publication is defined as any published materials, regardless of format, issued for general distribution, which document agency-related functions or activities. As such, a state publication may be considered a "published record". Agencies produce these publications as a public record of their activities.
KDLA's Kentucky State Publications collection is jointly managed by the Public Records and State Library Services divisions.
- For assistance submitting a state publication to KDLA, contact the State Records Branch Manager by email at email@example.com or by phone at 502.564.8300 ext. 237. For assistance with finding a state publication, contact the Archives Research Room at 502.564.8300 ext. 346. Inquiries may be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finding Kentucky State Publications
- State publications in print format are made available onsite at KDLA through the Archives Research Room.
- The KDLA Catalog allows you to limit your search results to state publications by selecting the "State Government Publications" option under "Filter Your Search".
- The Kentucky State Publications Database has information on over 20,000 state publications from 1792 to 2005. You can search by title, agency, date and subject.
- Electronic state publications at KDLA are available through the e-Archives. The e-Archives contains various types of electronic records, including meeting minutes of state-level boards, commissions, and legislative committees and electronic state agency publications.
Resources for State Agencies and Researchers